Thursday, September 28, 2006

Time works things out...

I skipped my Wednesday night bonus yesterday. My wife called me at work around 4, asking me if it was indeed all right if she had to stay a bit late. As I told in my "soothing" post, that Wednesday night bonus is simply that, a bonus. Sure, one I would usually like to use as much as possible and on most other times, I would have probably sounded annoyed on the phone, trying to convince her not to stay late, but get this, she had a good reason not to be at home on time: she was meeting her boss for her 6 month evaluation...

She called me a bit later at home, all excited, and right then and there, I think I fell in love. With another woman. A woman I've never met... HER BOSS!!! She told my wife she was working too hard and that she should not be forgetting about her children and... HER HUSBAND!!! :D

My wife had in mind of asking for a company provided laptop so she could log in to work from home after 8pm, i.e. when Matty goes to bed. Her boss offered her a laptop before she ever asked for it! HOW SWEET! Now I will have to enforce some rules so she doesn't stay up until 1am, but at least she should always be home on time. :) I can't tell you how much little needless stress this will take off my shoulders.

And you know what, she did make it on time for me to get to that Wednesday night bonus if I had wanted to. Thing was, I had already told Matty that he would come with daddy give a ride to his big brother to karate. He was so looking forward to it that I just couldn't tell him he now had to stay home while me and his brother left for karate. He came with us, walked to school were we dropped Andrew... It was cool, him holding my hand... Life was (and still is) pretty good... :)

We did have some tiny bad news yesterday. Andrew's instructor told us after his class that he would merge the two hours and starting next week, there would be class only at 6pm, for one hour. They had something like 5-6 students in the first hour and maybe 6-7 in the second hour and I agree it makes more sense to have a bigger one hour class than two very sparse class, even if that means there will be students from about any level. To me, I doubt this will change much, as I'd guess there will still be room for me to practice one corner of the gymnasium, but this means Andrew will not get his half hour of bo practice on Wednesday's anymore. I'm not sure he minds for now though. He told me he didn't feel like going to practice yesterday, although he wanted to go to class and I'm thinking that when he'll want to up the tempo a bit, I'll pay him some private bo sessions...

FM

3 comments:

Mir said...

I'm so glad that things have smoothed out for you on this problem! That's wonderful news.

Anonymous said...

What a great boss! Maybe you could get her to talk to my husband's boss.

Mathieu said...

cool ending on that story.

Some bosses are nice.

Great news.