Friday, September 22, 2006

Horse stance report

I'd kinda stopped working on my work stance at work. Didn't do any of it over the Summer. When I got back to it a couple weeks ago, I found that my good old online countdown timer I used in the past had been removed. Bummer...

I went on a search and found one really neat one at www.online-stopwatch.com. You can use it as a stopwatch or a countdown timer or even download it to use it offline as a flash file.

I started doing 90 seconds of fairly low horse stance a couple weeks ago to maybe 2 minutes with the last 60 seconds at a perfect 90 degree angle. Set 2:30 on the timer yesterday but for some reason, gave up with 60 seconds left, lack of will I guess...

I wasn't too happy with that and I set 3 minutes on the timer today and I held it. The last 45 second was pretty much a 90 degree angle, not so much because I wanted too but because I felt just so close to dropping to the floor. Legs were shaking madly by the end of it, but I'm happy I held it.

I don't do it every day and will probably start using my free weights in the basement at home to do squats at one point this Fall, but I wanted to started doing some horse stance sessions to get back in the mood...

At one point, I'll use the clock as a stopwatch and will set it so small I can't read the numbers and I'll try to hold it as long as I can, but that's not for now...

FM

3 comments:

Miss Chris said...

Our instructor is getting frustrated at the lazy horse stances and is making the kids balance a staff across their legs while in the stance. If anyone's falls, he starts the timer over. Yikes!

Mathieu said...

Go FM!
Go FM!

Go FM!

Keep it up.

Mat

FrogMan said...

Miss Chris: ouch, that's harsh. Took me a few seconds to understand how the staff would go, but once I figured it out, my mind went "ouch"...

Mat: thanks for the cheers. I need them sometimes :)

Take care, Steve.