Friday, December 01, 2006

Christmas in advance!

WOOHOO!!!

Let me introduce you to my new friend:



Got to the the dojo tonight and my instructor was giving a private class. When he saw me walk through the door, he asked me if I they'd given me my bo yet. Last I'd heard was last Monday and the prospects were bleak to say the least, so I told him that no, nobody had given me anything. He smiled a wide smile and told me to come see him after I'd gotten dressed.

I had to take care of our registration for the December 10 tournament first, so I went to the desk and that where the guy told me he had a bo for me indeed. Turns out our bo instructor's dad is making them now. That explained the smile on my instructor's face. :)

I got to practice with it tonight and let me tell, from the first throw I did with it, I knew I was in love. Well, not really in love, love, but you know what I mean. :) It's very, very nice. What you see on the picture is what you get. It's all silver, no real special taping or anything. It's a bit bigger in the middle and I like it like that. In fact, my instructor told me his dad had made one for me and he told him to make another one a bit thicker in the middle so it would not break on me. He told me it should last a long time. Let's hope he's right. One thing's for sure, I like it.

I talked about the December 10 competition, well here's the confirmation:


The two yellows tickets are our registration proof with ring and category numbers. I didn't get to practice it tonight, but I'm still gearing to present Cat 3. One week left...

It's the kids Christmas party all day long for the kids of employess at my workplace tomorrow. It's like one long day where kids can come, meet Santa, visit the plant, have fun with clowns and such. It starts at 9 and ends at 4. I have decided that we will sacrifice one traditional class (actually we'll do it another week) and we'll go there early tomorrow morning. I really didn't want us to miss a bo class with show coming up this Sunday...

FM

5 comments:

frotoe said...

oooooh its pretty!!! (in a tough kick butt way)
thats great that its hand made-even more special.
Merry Christmas!

Brittney said...

Whooohooo! That had to make your day!

Brittney

Akarien said...

Hey joyeux Noël Steve :)

Il est très bo ton bo ;)

btw, moi et Geneviève sommes inscrit au défi ste-foy du 10. C'est le premier tournoi de la grande. On est très énervé :D c'est bon, ça brise un peu le stresse des fêtes qui arrivent.

On se voit làbas !!!
Akarien

FrogMan said...

frotoe, Merry Christmas to you too. :) Yeah, pretty can be a weird qualifier but knowing it comes for a fellow martial artist, I know it can only be meant in a good way ;)

Brittney, thanks. As I sometimes say, it made my day, my week, my year. I actually told my instructor to tell his dad that he just saved my life. Funny fact, his dad is a black belt in our system and used to give classes sometimes. He was part of the testers when I took one of my earlier belt tests (orange or purple belt).

Sébastien, Joyeux Noël à toi aussi. :) J'imagine que ta petite doit assez énervé. Remarque comment on dit souvent comment les petits sont énervés plutôt que nerveux. Eux, la nervosité, y connaissent pas ça. Souvent ils gênés plus qu'autre chose. Bonne pratique jusque là!

Take care you all, Steve.

Mir said...

Just make sure that the flashing lights that it gives off when you spin it doesn't hypnotize you. Ha ha ha

What a lovely Bo staff! It sure looks like it will last you a lifetime.