Monday, October 23, 2006

Sweatin' the toxins

Ever since the competition, I've started feeling the symptoms of a little cold getting stronger in me. Not much, you know, the itchy throat, a litte sneezing, a little stuffy nose. Dang did I felt like I was sweating all the toxins out of my body this past Saturday. Not that it was a much tougher than usual warmup or anything, but you know how it is when you are not 100%...

Anyway, went through class no problem. We worked some on our kata, the Crane, Cat 1, Cat 2, but also Pinan 3. Got a few things corrected in my Cat 1 kata, some more work for the hips. Someday we'll get it right. :)

The bo class turned out to be a "compact" one. Even though a couple students were missing, we were restricted to about half of our usual space because a best test was going on in the adjoining class room. We worked mostly on agility drills, including some of them while sitting down on the floor. I tried, and actually succeeded a couple times, to throw my bo over my head while it was spinning horizontally. I will probably never incorporate such a move in one of my kata, but it was kind of fun for one class. Can't wait to finally have some time with our instructor so we can start working on new moves to add to our kata. Might have to get Andrew a private class (which I attend anyway) for that to happen though. Andrew skipped his traditional class last Friday (the one where I usually have some free practice time) because he was making up the swimming class of last Sunday that he missed in order to go to the competition...

Trad class tonight, the cold seem to be coming a bit stronger. Hopefully I'll sweat it out a bit more and it'll go away faster...

FM

5 comments:

Akarien said...

I sympathize with you about the cold. I feel just like you.

FrogMan said...

hehe, I see now you looked beat after your test ;)

I remember when I passed my brown belt, we'd been practicing for a long time because at one, you'll see, belt tests have a bit more time in between, and we (a group of four adults) were ready. Test was on December 22 (a Thursday evening) last year and my biggest fear was to catch a cold the week before the test. I felt it coming the Wednesday, still a bit more on Thursday. Gave it my all in the evening but had the worst cold of all for Christmas eve. Man did I feel like crap that day. But I had a brown belt :)

Take care, Steve.

Mathieu said...

I had the same thing too. Seems a virus was running around, that day.

Get well.

FrogMan said...

aha, that might be, we all were there... hrm, conspiracy theories abound... :)

Thing is too, I'm not so good at trying to get rest since I got my new computer. Too much stuff to play with, trying to come up with DVD menus and such :)

Take care, Steve.

Mir said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are fighting a cold. We had one sail through our family for almost all the month of October.

Drink lots of fluid, and take care.