Thursday, November 16, 2006

Busted!

I'd kind of stopped doing my horse stance sessions lately. Thinking about yesterday's post and testing and such, I thought it would be a good idea to get them going again, so with about 20 mintues left in our lunch break, I set 2 minutes on my online timer and got into a good low stance. About 40 seconds into it, I hear footsteps. My cubicle is really in an open area. I mean, nobody really walks by it, unless they want to talk to me. Footsteps got closer, and closer. Was a coworker who wanted to ask me something. She looked at me with weird eyes until I told her simply "karate position, hard to hold for very long" and she saw the timer on my computer monitor...

I wasn't embarassed or anything, it just made for a funny little moment. :)

FM

8 comments:

Brittney said...

I bet she gave you a weird look! My roommate is always looking at me strange when I work on my balance. Washing dishes while standing on one foot, tying my shoe laces standing on one foot, or holding a side kick out for as long as possible. I just have to laugh at these things, and they tend to brightin my day :-)

FrogMan said...

she indeed gave me a weird look but pretty much everyone in the department knows I practice karate and most have seen vids of me competing so she simply smiled and nodded when I said "doing karate, it's a basic stance". :)

And yep, it did brighten my day.

Thanks for posting!

Take care, Steve.

Mathieu said...

go fm
go fm
go FM!

FrogMan said...

LOL! :D

Thanks Mat.

Take care, Steve.

kristin said...

Maybe she was just giving you a weird look for...well, being you?

Though it's been awhile since I've done the horse stance, I was actually thinking about your blog when I was doing wall-squats (and having to hold them for 30-40 seconds) with my trainer the other day...

FrogMan said...

LOL! :D

Somehow, I knew you were saving your first comment on my blog for that kind of nice compliment, because coming from you, it can only be a compliment ;)

Take care, Steve

MrX said...

I trying to imagine my co-workers catching in the same position...

This would probably mean months of jokes on me!

Marc

FrogMan said...

well, the joke is already going around that I could go crazy with my bo if I ever get really mad at someone, so they don't feel like joking about the horse stance too much. Sure helps that they have videos of my performing my bo kata in competition... ;)

Take care, Steve.