Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Stepping back

Wow, it's almost been a month since my last post here. Have I stopped training? Nope, not at all, in fact I enjoy it just as much, if not more than before. I just ran into some weird self inflicted fears. The fear of not writing anyting important and the wanting to impress people too much with my posts.

I'll start posting again, but I'll try to keep most posts relatively short and most of the times without a big morale to them because frankly, I practice kenpo for my enjoyment, not to try to fulfill some big holes in my own self. :)

Anyway, training's not been very special lately, although I've found it to be very entertaining. We've worked on locks and throws a bit during almost every hour of class and I like that. We even did a "circle of love" drill, where people make a circle around one person and each of us attack him one after the other. I got out of it okay, feeling much better than I would have only a couple months ago.

The next few weeks might start getting tougher for our Saturdays as Andrew is supposed to start his soccer training camp on Saturdays.

My Monday evening class that was for advanced students has been merged with the intermediate class and is now one hour earlier. That bummed me a bit, since having a class full of brown belts was very nice. Not much I can do about it though. The silver lining is that with the class being from 7 to 8 now, I'll bring my bo and should be able to sneak in half an hour of practice until 8:30.

We had a snowstorm last Sunday and we didn't even venture ourselves outside the house. I'm making up for that class with a special appearance in tonight's class. :)

FM

4 comments:

Akarien said...

Content d'avoir de tes nouvelles. J'ai eu exactement le même feeling en moment donné avec mon blog. J'ai fini par me convaincre d'écrire même si ce n'était que pour moi et que ça n'avait pas d'importance pour personne d'autre .... simplicité volontaire :)

A+
Sebast

Anonymous said...

No morale or lesson required. We just like to know you're still out there! ;-)

Mathieu said...

Même chose ici. Je suis juste content d'avoir des nouvelles.

Pour la morale, il y a le blog de John :D

Porte-toi bien.

Mir said...

"The fear of not writing anyting important and the wanting to impress people too much with my posts."

Wow.. What an interesting sentence of justiposition. You have a set of fears that totally are opposite to each other: You fear writing unimportant things, and you fear wanting to impress others.

I just want you to know that I'm interested in what you write regardless to how fancy, or plain it is... I'm interested in supporting you on your path. Sometimes paths are filled with wonderful things, sometimes filled with negative things, and sometimes it's just the mundane everyday life... That's what makes our everyday.. isn't it? Why should our Martial arts be different?